Venture off the beaten path to discover some of the hidden treasures of India on this journey from the peaks of the Himalayas and the deserts of Rajasthan to the shores of the Arabian Sea. Trace the history of great empires in Mughal Delhi, the temple complex of Khajuraho and the ruins of Hampi. Experience India’s natural wonders as you explore the striking high desert of Leh, the grasslands of Ranthambore and the golden sands of Jaisalmer. Recharge your body and soul in a luxurious spa near the pilgrimage town of Rishikesh on the banks of the sacred Ganges, an area made famous by the Beatles in the 1960's.
*Journey operated by our sister company, TCS World Travel.
- Experience the magical aarti ceremony on the banks of the holy Ganges in the pilgrimage town of Rishikesh.
- Join the monks at Thiksey monastery for morning prayer, followed by an exploration of a traditional Ladakhi village and an opportunity to divine the future with Ladakhi oracles.
- Explore the former hunting grounds of the maharajahs of Jaipur on morning and afternoon game drives with expert naturalists in search of leopards, tigers, sloth bears, sambars and a wide variety of woodland and water birds.
- Stop en route to Bhopal to see the incredible temple complex of Khajuraho, a collection of 10th- and 11th-century shrines covered in exquisite and sensual sculptures.
- Discover the forgotten wonders of the ruined city of Hampi, which was once said to rival Rome.
- In the megalopolis of Mumbai, see the world’s largest outdoor laundry at Dobi Ghats, Gandhi’s home, the Prince of Wales Museum, the eclectic bazaars of Bhuleshwar and the sacred caves on Elephanta Island.