In a country of over four million people with 700 different languages, Papua New Guinea cannot be compared with any other country in the world. More than 200 cultures have been identified, each with different traditions. As we explore this remote land, reaching deep into jungles and high into mountains, we will discover a world that has continued to thrive for millennia – even though much of what we consider essential to modern life seems to have passed it by.
- Attend the vibrant Mount Hagen Cultural Show, where upwards of 100 tribes will share their cultural traditions through colorful costumes, primal dances, and hypnotic music.
- Stroll through the stunning flora of Karawari’s rainforest, keeping an eye out for several species of flamboyant birds of paradise.
- Meet with the Huli Wigmen and learn about their fascinating culture.
- Enjoy a three-night cruise along the Karawari River, visiting remote villages to learn about local culture and art.
- Stay in remote lodges and enjoy spectacular bird’s-eye views of the surrounding mountain peaks and lushly forested valleys.