China. A land as old as the stars – and as modern as the skyscrapers which form its cities’ skylines. Here among ancient gardens and silent sentinels of the past, you’ll find an infectious vibrancy, as well as a gentle reverence. The landscapes, the architecture, the food, and, of course, the people combine to make your Journey incredibly rich and indelibly etched in your memory.
- Explore Beijing’s vast Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and the Great Wall in the company of your private guide.
- Take a rickshaw ride to visit a private home in Beijing’s hutong district.
- Survey the vast army of life-sized Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi’an.
- Wander among weathered rock spires in Kunming’s Stone Forest.
- Meet with members of the Yi and Bai minority groups to learn about their traditions.
- Attend a puja ceremony at the Ganden Songzanlin, the largest Tibetan monastery in the Yunnan Province.