From the rich culture of Lima to the ancient Incan traditions of the Urubamba Valley and the historical importance of Cusco, your journey builds until you reach the mesmerizing legends that live in the mists of Machu Picchu. Here you’ll discover the mystic realm of ancient people and stand in wonder as this sacred place seems to come alive once again. Lima is home to several extensive collections of pre-Columbian art. Explore the ancient Inca capital of Cusco and the archeological ruins that lay in the nearby “Sacred Valley,” alive with colorful markets and local craftsmen. Enjoy a scenic train journey to “The Lost City of the Incas,” where the 15th-century ruins of Machu Picchu come to life as your guide regales you with colorful legends.
Journey Pace: Active & Challenging
- View the sunrise over Machu Picchu, "The Lost City of the Incas"
- Travel aboard the luxurious Belmond Hiram Bingham train
- Visit the remarkable ruins of Sacsayhuamán
- Discover Lima, the capital city of Perú, and its array of historic sites like the Plaza de Armas and the Larco Herrera Museum
- See the most extensive collection of pre-Columbian art in Perú
- Learn about South American camelids at the Awana Kancha breeding center in the Sacred Valley