Destinations: Lima | Cusco | Urubamba Valley | Machu Picchu | Cusco
Hotels: Belmond Miraflores Park, Hotel Sol y Luna, Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Belmond Palacio Nazarenas
From the rich culture of Lima to the ancient Incan traditions of the Urubamba Valley and the historical importance of Cusco, your journey builds until you reach the heights of these mesmerizing legends that live in the mists of Machu Picchu. Lima is home to several extensive collections of pre-Columbian art. Explore the ancient Inca capital of Cusco and the archeological ruins that lay in the nearby “Sacred Valley,” alive with colorful markets and local craftsmen. Enjoy a scenic train journey to “The Lost City of the Incas,” where the 15th-century ruins of Machu Picchu come to life as your guide regales you with colorful legends.
Journey Pace: Active & Challenging
- Discover Lima, the capital city of Peru, and its array of historic sites like the Plaza de Armas and the Larco Herrera Museum
- Visit the most extensive collection of pre-Columbian art in Peru
- View sunrise over Machu Picchu, "The Lost City of the Incas"
- Travel aboard the luxurious Belmond Hiram Bingham Train
- Explore the remarkable ruins of Sacsayhuaman
- Learn about South American camelids at the Awana Kancha breeding center in the Sacred Valley