From the rich culture of Lima to the ancient Incan traditions of the Urubamba Valley and the historical importance of Cusco, your journey builds until you reach the mesmerizing legends that live in the mists of Machu Picchu. Here you’ll discover the mystic realm of ancient people and stand in wonder as this sacred place seems to come alive once again. Lima is home to several extensive collections of pre-Columbian art. Explore the ancient Inca capital of Cusco and the archeological ruins that lay in the nearby “Sacred Valley,” alive with colorful markets and local craftsmen. Enjoy a scenic train journey to “The Lost City of the Incas,” where the 15th-century ruins of Machu Picchu come to life as your guide regales you with colorful legends. Please note, we are also offering a 15-day version of this journey.
- Stay within the citadel overnight and enjoy the magical sunrise and sunset over Machu Picchu.
- Mingle and barter with the Quechua-speaking locals at the colorful and authentic market of Chinchero.
- Savor a private lunch at Casa Aliaga, built in 1535 and still inhabited by the Aliaga family.
- Experience the Inca culture with the Quechua community of Huilloc in the heart of the Valley of the Incas.
- Spend two nights on board the Belmond Andean Explorer train and travel in luxurious style to Lake Titicaca and Arequipa.
- Explore the impressive remains of several pre-Incan cultures at Chan Chan, Túcume, and El Brujo.