Zanzibar was a center for the spice trade in the 19th century. Today, the island blends Swahili culture and Arab and Indian heritage with pure white beaches stretching far out to the turquoise-colored sea. Explore the winding alleyways of Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has changed little in the last 200 years. You will visit a spice plantation, tour picturesque fishing villages, take a private dhow cruise, and explore the Jozani Forest to search for red colobus monkeys. Relax on beautiful white sand beaches and swim in the Indian Ocean. This journey makes a wonderful post-safari extension.
- The capital city of Stone Town, a World Heritage Site
- The colorful and lively town markets
- The enveloping sensory experience exploring the spice plantations
- Seeing the Red Colobus Monkey and rich birdlife in the Jozani Forest
- Relaxing on the pristine white beaches