Discover the smaller, lesser-visited but equally stunning hill towns of Italy on this unmatchable journey. Visit the Sassi of Matera, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back to the Paleolithic Age, and see the legendary trulli, conical dry-stone houses found only in Puglia. Eat and drink your way through a gorgeous region of Italy on this incredible itinerary.
- Visit the Sassi of Matera; the ancient city of stone, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back to the Paleolithic Age and sits on the edge of a great ravine.
- See the legendary trulli, conical dry-stone houses found only in Puglia.
- Explore some of Italy’s prettiest hill towns, nestled between the sea and undulating farmland in the Marche region.
- Explore the cobblestoned streets of Lecce, the capital of Italian baroque architecture, which is also home to a Roman amphitheater dating back to the 2nd century A.D.
- Visit the intimate Wine and Olive Oil Museum in Torgiano, the vineyard capital of Umbria.